Staff Council initiated the Employee of the Month (EOM) Award in 1975 to honor University of Colorado employees who deserve special recognition for the outstanding jobs they do.
- Did you know ANY Classified, University or Professional Research Associate (on University of Colorado payroll) employee is eligible to be nominated?
- Any University of Colorado employee or faculty member can nominate their fellow peer, colleague, friend, or acquaintance using the nomination form in the link below.
When nominating a fellow employee for EOM, think of a scenario where a colleague has gone above and beyond their duties. It is our goal to recognize the efforts those around us make and add value for being exceptional.
Below are some traits to consider when thinking of who to nominate. Does the person show:
- Concern for and helpfulness to others
- Pride in his/her job
- Consistently high job performance
- Actions above and beyond the call of duty
- Adherence to safety procedures
- Cooperative attitude
The Staff Council Staff Appreciation Committee receives the generated list of nominations. Staff Council at large will then select award recipients on a monthly basis based on the Fiscal Year (FY).
The Employee of the Month Award
- Certificate of recognition, signed by the Chancellor and Staff Council Chair
- Cash equivalent (ex. Visa Gift Card)
- 1 month of free parking in a campus lot